- Z-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Three ED and Three Aspherical Elements
- One Aspherical ED Glass Element
A truly versatile everyday lens, the NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S, from Nikon, is a wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom covering an extremely useful range of focal lengths to benefit a variety of applications from landscape to portraiture. The constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and the lens features an advanced optical design for high sharpness and clarity. As a go-to lens for a majority of needs, this lens also sports a relatively compact and lightweight design.
- Featuring a combination of three ED elements, one aspherical ED element, and three aspherical elements, both chromatic and spherical aberrations are effectively eliminated throughout the zoom range for notable sharpness and clarity.
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats are used to prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions. The Nano Crystal Coat controls incidental light from a diagonal direction while the ARNEO Coat controls incidental light from a vertical direction.
- Multi-focus system incorporates two separate AF drive units, which are synchronized, to deliver especially fast and accurate focusing throughout the zoom range. This system uses stepping motors, which offer impressively smooth and quiet autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications.
- Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Dedicated manual focus ring at the rear of the lens for tactile and precise control over the focus position.
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.1', along with a maximum magnification of 0.39x, benefits working with close-up subjects.
Handling and Design
- Programmable Control Ring can be used to control aperture, ISO, or exposure compensation.
- Assignable L.Fn button works in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons to provide seamless points for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel, along with a front fluorine coating, benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.